The ultimate studio standard all over the world. For 50 years!
- The most widely used studio microphone for 50 years
- Balanced frequency response in three polar patterns
- Very low self-noice
- Classic Sound
The Gold Standard
Omnipresent and Special
The Neumann U 87 Ai is a true legend. Introduced in 1967, it has shaped the sound of countless hit records for the past 50 years. And when those hits were announced on the radio, many a DJ sat before a U 87 Ai.
The U 87 Ai is the epitome of a large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Its tapered body and iconic design have become part of the collective consciousness—this is what a studio microphone looks like. The same is true of its sound; the U 87 Ai represents studio quality and has become the gold standard by which other microphones are measured.
What sets the U 87 Ai apart is its special combination of linearity and character. Although its on-axis frequency response is remarkably flat, it does exert certain charisma, making the U 87 Ai both versatile and instantly recognizable.
Classic Neumann Engineering
Features at a Glance
- The world’s most famous studio microphone
- Classic sound, instantly recognizable and versatile
- Balanced frequency response
- Elastically suspended dual-diaphragm capsule
- Omni, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns
- Switchable low-cut filter and -10 dB pad
- Low self-noise
- XLR 3-pin output
- 48V phantom powered
- Includes color-matched shockmount and wooden box